See how the Australian work holiday visa for Thai works. If you are not able to apply for an Australian Skills visa and you fit the requirements for the Australian working Holiday visa then you can work temporarily in Australia on this visa. Note the requirements of the visa and also the length of stay allowed in Australia. If you are married to an Australian national then you would be best suited to apply for an Australian spouse visa or fiancée visa. These are listed on this website.
Australian Work Holiday Visa for Thai
The Australian work and holiday visas are for Thai nationals who are older than 18 and younger than 31 years of age. You may also not have a dependent child while having this visa. You can apply for this Australian work and holiday visa in Bangkok as a Thai national. Note the limitations of this visa.
This visa allows you to:
- stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
- study for up to four months
- leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.
Note that this visa only valid for 12 months and you cannot work for longer than 6 months with a company in Australia. You may also use the time to study while in Australia however nothing longer than 4 months which would normally be a certificate course. With this visa you can leave and enter Australia without having to apply for another visa. Most who use this visa tend to visit New Zealand for a few days and return to Australia without the need for another visa.
Note you need to apply early for this visa as the Australian government limits the amount of visas each year by country. If you are going to use an immigration lawyer for your visa then you will need to ask them to find out what the limits are for Thailand in this way you will know how successful you will be. Once the limit has been reached each year for Thailand, your application will be rejected and you would have to try again the following year.
- are at least 18 but have not turned 31 years of age at the time you lodge your application
- will not be with a dependent child while you are in Australia
- have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5000)
- also have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay
- have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
- meet the educational requirements
- have functional English
- have a letter of support from your government (except applicants from the USA)
- meet character and health requirements
- are a genuine visitor.
Your will have to have a valid Thai passport when you apply for the visa . Also this passport will have to be valid for the duration of your visa while in Australia. If you need assistance with this application process. Then speak to an immigration lawyer in Thailand for assistance and more information. You can browse this website and see what other options there are for Australia. Such as a normal tourist visa if you simply wish to visit Australia on holiday without working.